Unhealthy diets are linked to four of the worlds top 10 risk factors causing death; arterial hypertension, high blood glucose, overweight, obesity and high cholesterol.
This sentence guided me and some fellow University mate developing a design proposal to address this issue. This lead us to ideate a service with a great value proposition, and an exciting launch video I made:
- Most people think there is nothing wrong with their diet; they don’t know what is healthy or what their body really needs because tracking diet is laborious.
- Most people don’t read the labels: only 9% look at the calorie count for almost all of the products, and just around the 1% look at each of the other components (total fat, trans fat, sugar, and serving size) on almost all labels. (Source: study from Journal of the American Dietetic Association)
- The approach and the quality of people’s groceries is heavily influenced by local culture, health, workplace and wealth.
- Providing a easy to use platform
- connect our infrastructure to the databases of supermarket chains and loyalty cards provider in order to track people’s groceries automatically
- provide real time data about the healthiness of their shopping cart, statistics based on their shopping history and give you suggestion on how to improve their eating habits, right after the checkout
- making data easily accessible through a custom designed smartphone app, or through the website
- providing support for writing healthier groceries’ lists, based on previous ones lacks of food typologies
The value proposition
- Filling the grocery tracking without effort
- Providing supermakets to suggest specific product to each customers
- Creating a real added value for a loyalty club card: health may be a stronger driver instead of collectable coupons and prizes
- Create a stronger connection between chains and customers by showing
The privacy statement was direct and clear: the system aggregates anonymous information from customers, as well as suggestions from supermarkets and from healthy food suppliers. The information is integrated and combined without sharing them with third party subjects.